Monday, December 18, 2006

When You Wore a Tulip (Sad News)







As the title states, this is a sad post. Troy and I had gone out to see a movie in theatres called "Happy Feet" and it was absolutely hilarious and very well done. Sad part is-throughout the movie Troy's cell kept vibrating on him and at the end of the movie we found a message from my Grandma-asking me to call her asap. I suspected the worst and hoped for the best, turns out my suspision was correct-unfortunately. We went to Kelowna immediately for my Grandpa Lansdowne's Funeral that was to be held on December 1st/06. The whole family was there and we were able to share our griefs. The Grandkids were asked to sing a song that we always sang with Grandpa-called "When You Wore a Tulip"-but we couldn't, so instead those of us that could muster up a voice took part in reading from a poem called "Footsteps in the Sand". The service was beautifully done and afterwards we all headed back to the house for a toast and some beer in celebration of our Grandpa/Father/Husband/Brother/Uncle/Friend's life. My Stepmom, Dorothy, created the Eulogy that was inspired by all and put to words by Dorothy-it was perfect. My Dad, Aunt and us Grandchildren each wore a tie from Grandpa's collection as a tribute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home